Hello everyone! I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated my blog, but I’ve been super busy. With that said, one reason I haven’t been on here lately is because I just came back from a week-long trip in Las Vegas, Nevada! It was definitely an experience. It was also
extremely hot! Haha. If you want me to do a post on anything Vegas-related, please leave your suggestions in the comments below.
Anywho, my trip inspired me to do a travel series. Basically, I want to give you guys advice on traveling, whether it is fashion tips, beauty tips, or just general/basic traveling tips. I hope everyone likes it! For my first post, I want to suggest some good items to pack in your carry-on bag if you are flying to your trip destination. Of course, this list could vary from person to person because everyone has different preferences, but I tried to make this as general as possible based on my flying experience. Alright well, let’s get into it!
- Boarding pass/any other important papers or tickets. If your attending a show, program, or anything like that be sure to bring them. You’ll need these! Don’t forget them.
- A change of clothes and important toiletry items. Important toiletry items might include (but is not limited to) toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, contacts/solution, brush/comb, and face wash and moisturizer. This is for just in case your checked luggage somehow ends up going missing.
- Valuable items. This might be jewelry or even something electronic that you own like your camera (or anything mentioned in number 5). These are things that are probably important to you so to prevent these things from going missing or someone stealing them, keep them with you.
- Medications. If you take any prescribed medication, make sure to have it with you!
- Something for entertainment. Whether it is a book, magazine, your cellphone, your iPod/iPad, or your laptop, bring something to entertain you especially if you will be traveling for a longer period of time.
- Gum. When you’re on a plane, you climb (and descend) high altitude levels. This causes your ears to experience a popping sensation. Swallowing helps to alleviate this but chewing gum during take-off and landing is an easy way to not be bothered by this slight annoyance.
- A Sweater, Cardigan, or Jacket. It does get cold on the place sometimes! It definitely does not hurt to bring a light sweater, cardigan or jacket just in case!
- Baby or makeup wipes. You might need to freshen up after your flight and baby or makeup wipes will do just the trick!
- A Couple of Your Favorite Makeup Items. I don’t like wearing any makeup at all while on the plane because if I choose to go to sleep at some pint, I don’t want my makeup getting everywhere. I’m suggesting this particularly for after you arrive at your destination to make yourself look presentable, especially if on the off chance that it takes you a while to get to your hotel. I would pack concealer (for those under eye bags if you do sleep), face powder (to even out your skin), mascara (to make you appear more awake), and lip gloss (to add a little something extra to your face).
What are some things you like to pack in your carry-on? Let me know in the comments below!
As always, stay classy!